[Samba] samba 3.6.9-164 - is "kernel oplocks = no" option viable on purely Samba shared FS?

Karel Lang AFD lang at afd.cz
Fri Sep 26 00:32:02 MDT 2014

Hi,
this is great news for me, i can test some more LAN SAmba setting
effects on our PDC :]

Nvm Jeremy, thanks anyway, you replied to your best knowledge, i
appreciate every bit of info :].

Volker, if i might ask, what would be correct setting per share then? I
can't find this documented in man pages or elsewhere ..

is it like?:

[sharename]
kernel oplocks = no

and that is it? or is there some other prerequisites..?

Thanks a lot