[Samba] Element not found error

Brian C. Huffman bhuffman at etinternational.com
Thu Sep 25 10:58:17 MDT 2014

On 09/23/2014 02:47 PM, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Am 23.09.2014 um 20:02 schrieb Brian C. Huffman:
>> I was finally able to get this to work, but I had to do the following
>> (which is not on the main file shares wiki  page):
>>
>> After making the directory on the Samba member server, I did the
>> following (from the profiles wiki page):
>> chmod 1770 /share
>> chgrp "Domain Users" /share
>>
>> Then I'm able to add "Domain Admins" group with full control in Windows
>> computer management and from there I'm good.
>>
>> Should this be added to the wiki?  Or maybe this is a side effect of
>> something else I did wrong?
> Normally this shouldn't be necessary.
>
> - Which account did you used to add the ACL?
An account I created that is a member of Domain Admins
> - Is this account mapped in the backend (e. g. to root)?
umm.   Maybe this is the problem?  I don't think I have this.  I did try
at one point to add an smbusers file with the following line, but it
didn't seem to help:
root = administrator admin
> - Can you show me your smb.conf (global and the share config)
[global]
    netbios name = samba02
    workgroup = ETI
    realm = XMEN.ETI
    security = ads
    idmap config * : range = 16777216-33554431
    template homedir = /home/%U
    template shell = /bin/bash
    winbind use default domain = true
    winbind offline logon = false
    winbind enum users  = yes
    winbind enum groups = yes
    encrypt passwords = yes

# Added for ACL Support
    vfs objects = acl_xattr
    map acl inherit = Yes
    store dos attributes = Yes

[etifiles]
    path = /samba/etifiles
    read only = no

I'll admit I'm not too sure about the idmap config.  I'm looking for the
simplist configuration that will work.  The wiki for setting up member
server suggests some different idmap config options, but it references
schema mode rfc2307 and I don't think I have that.

Thanks,
Brian