[Samba] Winbind : change users password delegation

Prunk Dump prunkdump at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 00:33:55 MDT 2014

Hello,

I'am the network administrator of a French high-school where Samba4 is
used as PDC for Debian Wheezy hosts.

Winbind works very well when users and groups have their POSIX AD
parameters sets.

All the users can change their own password through winbind with the
"passwd" command.

I would like to delegate the possibility to certain users to change
some other user passwords with a command like "teacheruser# passwd
studentuser".

Is this implemented through winbind ?

Ideally, I have a group named "Teachers" and a group named "Student",
I would like that all the members of the "Teachers" group can change
the password of the users in the "Students" group.

Is this possible ?

Thanks !

Baptiste.