[Samba] how to define new folders ACL

Lorenzo Faleschini lorenzo.faleschini at nordestsystems.com
Wed Sep 24 04:05:56 MDT 2014

the problem was that on the new folders created by users Domain
Administrator had no pivileges.
so I was denied the access to those folders as admin (to set Inherit ACLs)

so I had to manually set those with setfacl

the problem came because I rsynced the shares from old samba server and
did not set the default ACL before rsyncing, so the ACL thing was on the
wild.

Lorenzo Faleschini
IT Manager @ Nord Est Systems srl
m: +39 335 6055225 | skype: falegalizeit