[Samba] how to define new folders ACL

Lorenzo Faleschini lorenzo.faleschini at nordestsystems.com
Wed Sep 24 03:43:58 MDT 2014

i reply to myself for future reference

I logged in as root on the member server and set recursively the ACL
defaults with setfacl (so the newly created folders came with this mask)

Default Owner (Read Write Execute):
default:u:administrator:rwx
Default Group (Read Write Execute):
default:g:'domain users':rwx

then forced the ownership and group of the actual directories
Set Owner (Read Write Execute)
u:administrator:rwx
Set Group (Read Write Execute)
g:'domain users':rwx

in one command:

setfacl -R -m default:g:'domain users':rwx,g:'domain
users':rwx,default:u:administrator:rwx,u:administrator:rwx /PATH/TO/SHARES/

Lorenzo Faleschini
IT Manager @ Nord Est Systems srl
m: +39 335 6055225 | skype: falegalizeit