[Samba] smbd doesn't start anymore

Bruno MACADRÉ bruno.macadre at univ-rouen.fr
Tue Sep 23 07:50:59 MDT 2014

I've trying the same with my backup fileserver and the smbd -i -d9
produces more lines (and works hopefully)

the lines after the last my bad smbd hangs is :
Registering messaging pointer for type 784 - private_data=0x7f3697428c50
Registering messaging pointer for type 788 - private_data=0x7f369742b2a0
Registering messaging pointer for type 789 - private_data=0x7f369742b730
pathtree_add: Enter
pathtree_add: Exit
pathtree_add: Enter
pathtree_add: Exit

Why my smbd hangs on 'registering messaging pointer' I've no idea....

--

Bruno MACADRE
  Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseau     | Systems and Network Engineer

	Tél : +33 (0)2-32-95-51-86
	Mob : +33 (0)6-74-71-45-64