[Samba] smbd doesn't start anymore

Bruno MACADRÉ bruno.macadre at univ-rouen.fr
Tue Sep 23 07:36:26 MDT 2014

No system reboot, crash or update at all

My server runs on ubuntu server 14.04 x64 without SELinux enabled.

This server has run many days without problem and the main smbd process
disappear without any explication today (during lunch time....)

Here my smb.conf :

[global]
    netbios name = filzen
    workgroup = SAMDOM
    security = ADS
    realm = SAMDOM.FR
    encrypt passwords = yes

    log level = 9
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%M

    idmap config *:backend = tdb
    idmap config *:range = 70000-80000
    idmap config SAMDOM:backend = ad
    idmap config SAMDOM:schema = rfc2307
    idmap config SAMDOM:range = 10000-60000

    winbind nss info = rfc2307
    winbind trusted domains only = no
    winbind use default domain = yes
    winbind enum users  = yes
    winbind enum groups = yes

    interfaces = lo bond0
    bind interfaces only = yes

    # Tunning
    strict locking = No
    strict sync = No
    sync always = No
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_KEEPALIVE
SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
    lanman auth = No
    lm announce = No
    ea support = No

    kernel oplocks = yes
    read raw = yes
    write raw = yes

    max xmit = 65535
    dead time = 15
    getwd cache = yes

    invalid users = root morpheus

    case sensitive = yes

    registry shares = Yes

I hope it would be usefull

--

Bruno MACADRE
  Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseau     | Systems and Network Engineer

	Tél : +33 (0)2-32-95-51-86
	Mob : +33 (0)6-74-71-45-64