[Samba] smbd doesn't start anymore

Bruno MACADRÉ bruno.macadre at univ-rouen.fr
Tue Sep 23 07:03:54 MDT 2014

Hi,

     I've a really big problem with my SAMBA 4.1.11 production
server.... it doesn't want to start smbd anymore.... nmbd starts fine
but not smbd.

     I've tried to start smbd in interactive mode to see what's happened :

     # /srv/progs/samba4/sbin/smbd -i -d9

     produce a lot of lines about configuration (all fine), some last
lines are :

added interface lo ip=::1 bcast=
netmask=ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff
added interface lo ip=127.0.0.1 bcast=127.255.255.255 netmask=255.0.0.0
added interface bond0 ip=10.130.162.20 bcast=10.130.162.255
netmask=255.255.255.0
loaded services
Netbios name list:-
my_netbios_names[0]="FILZEN"
fcntl_lock 9 6 0 1 1
fcntl_lock: Lock call successful
Attempting to register passdb backend smbpasswd
Successfully added passdb backend 'smbpasswd'
Attempting to register passdb backend tdbsam
Successfully added passdb backend 'tdbsam'
Attempting to register passdb backend wbc_sam
Successfully added passdb backend 'wbc_sam'
Attempting to register passdb backend ldapsam
Successfully added passdb backend 'ldapsam'
Attempting to register passdb backend NDS_ldapsam
Successfully added passdb backend 'NDS_ldapsam'
Attempting to register passdb backend IPA_ldapsam
Successfully added passdb backend 'IPA_ldapsam'
Attempting to find a passdb backend to match tdbsam (tdbsam)
Found pdb backend tdbsam
pdb backend tdbsam has a valid init
check lock order 1 for /srv/progs/samba4/var/lock/smbXsrv_version_global.tdb
release lock order 1 for
/srv/progs/samba4/var/lock/smbXsrv_version_global.tdb

After this last line, it stop writing anything and wait
indefinitely...... but there's no listenning socket opened so the daemon
never listen and never be used....

Is there a way to get more informations about why my smbd doesn't work
at all magically ?

Thanks
Regards,
Bruno

--

Bruno MACADRE
  Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseau     | Systems and Network Engineer

	Tél : +33 (0)2-32-95-51-86
	Mob : +33 (0)6-74-71-45-64