[Samba] software deployment

mourik jan heupink - merit heupink at merit.unu.edu
Tue Sep 23 04:03:27 MDT 2014

Hi,

Just wondering: What are you guys using to deploy software on your
windows (7) workstations within the samba4 AD?

These are options I know of:

* wpkg (but it seems it's development is not too active)
* wpkg-gp using the group policies
* www.opsi.org (Client Management System for Windows clients)
* standard windows software deployment, but I think that's msi-only

This page also has al lot interesting reading:
http://www.klaus-hartnegg.de/gpo/

However, I'm looking for some praktical tips or experiences. What are
you using, do you like it? Would you recommend it?

The samba wiki also has a page on this subject:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Software_deployment_on_Samba
but it only talks about wpkg, and history tells me it dates from 2006....

I could perhaps update that page with the outcome of this thread.

Thanks in advance,
Mourik Jan