[Samba] Issue with printer sharing

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Mon Sep 22 10:26:59 MDT 2014

Am 22.09.2014 um 15:27 schrieb Sébastien Le Ray:
> I restarted from scratch (net ads leave ; apt-get purge any samba
> related packages, net ads join, print server set up /etc./)
> Still the same issue

Did you also removed all the Samba databases? I don't know apt-get. But
usually the package tools don't remove databases. Search for the
registry.tdb file. This one contains the printer settings. But you
should remove all databases.

> Marc: which version of the driver have you tested ? Which account were
> you using on the w2k8 box ?

I used the Domain Admin. And the privilege was granted to the
SAMDOM\Domain Admins group, where the domain admin is member off.

I used the driver you said you used: Ricoh Universal Print Driver 4.4.0,
PCL6
Downloaded from here:
http://support.ricoh.com/bb/html/dr_ut_e/rc2/model/p_i/p_ien.htm#Microsoft%20Windows%207%20%28x64%29

One thing that is different to my environment is, that you have
configured to use windows ACLs globally
	vfs objects = acl_xattr
        map acl inherit = yes
I don't have this and I use Posix ACLs. See
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_as_a_print_server#Setup_the_.5Bprint.24.5D_share
("Example for Samba 3.x:").
If I have time later, I can try it using the Windows ACLs.

> # seems harmless
> [2014/09/22 15:14:17.653343,  2]
> ../source3/rpc_client/cli_winreg_spoolss.c:626(winreg_create_printer)
>   winreg_create_printer: Skipping, SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
> NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Printers\NameOfThePrinter already exists
>
> # don't know if it could be related
> [2014/09/22 15:14:17.674177,  2]
> ../source3/rpc_client/cli_winreg_spoolss.c:2036(winreg_get_printer_dataex)
>   winreg_get_printer_dataex: Could not query value DriverPolicy:
> WERR_BADFILE

What log level did you used? Can you increase it to '10', reload Samba
and go the the last step before it fails. Then clear the log
# echo > /path/to/log.txt
run the failing step and directly after that create a copy of the
logfile (so no further logging stuff goes in). Then put it on
http://cpaste.org/ or some other paste server and post the link. Maybe
we see something interesting.