[Samba] old dc still mentioned as msSFU30MasterServerName

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 22 09:21:28 MDT 2014

On 22/09/14 16:12, mourik jan heupink - merit wrote:
> Hmm some more googling reveils that perhaps NIS and rfc2307 is the
> same thing...

Well, yes and no, NIS was a Sun thing and was a way of having
centralised authentication on Unix, rfc2307 is the attributes to use for
Unix authentication with LDAP. AD server for NIS comes with their
variation on rfc2307, you only need the purely NIS server bits if you
are using AD as a NIS server and have 'nis' in the passwd & group lines
in /etc/nsswitch.conf (unless anybody knows differently).

Rowland