[Samba] samba downgrade?

Sheldon Charles sheldoncharles73 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 05:57:57 MDT 2014

Jef,

I did something similar recently with excellent success.  I built 4.1.11
and installed it over the (backed-up) 4.2 samba that we were running.
After I restarted, almost everything worked.  I did have trouble connecting
with ADUC.  I turned on logging and restarted and it's been great since.
My guess is that the logging is a red-herring.  We've been running for a
couple of weeks since the downgrade without any issues.

Good luck,

Sheldon