[Samba] backup script problem with samba 4.0.10

Elyad Alaei elysamba4 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 00:56:32 MDT 2014

Hi dear list members

It's about 10 months that we have setup our samba 4.0.10 and using it as
the only domain controller and LDAP server (please note that our server's
hardware crashed 10 months ago and we did restore a bit old backups and
rejoin all computers to the domain).

To backup the samba database, I stop samba service at 2:00 AM every night
and backup using samba_backup script and re-run samba4 service with the
help of crontab. It could always create "samba4_private" file but "sysvol"
and "etc" files were not created in some days! (both "etc" and "sysvol"
files are created once in every 3 or 4 days)

Please note that, despite we get these errors, the "samba4_private" file is
created each time I run samba_backup! but I don't know whether it is
corrupt or not.

Is it normal? I'm afraid it makes bigger problems in future!

Sncerely
E. Alaei