[Samba] replace samba with windows7

Peter Serbe peter at serbe.ch
Sat Sep 20 01:14:29 MDT 2014

Hi Steve,

IT (or any other engineering stuff) is not so much impressed
by voting. The more qualified opinions said: no Win7 doesn't
do the job.

If You aren't able to administer a Linux/Samba box (which is
no shame if You aren't a full time Linux admin), then You
should seriously consider a NAS distro like FreeNAS. It is
Samba in disguise. You install the system e.g. from a DVD
image and create the required shares (and many more things
if You like) from the webbrowser on Your PC. For may people
is is by far the best solution. I think this would be ideal
for Your small installation. Get a cheap PC (or use an old
one) and just do it. But don't torture Your users with that
Win7 server.

Best regards
Peter