[Samba] SSSD - inconsistent UIDs [solved]

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Fri Sep 19 02:15:57 MDT 2014

On 19/09/14 00:14, Peter Serbe wrote:
> I think I got it working...
>
> There were mainly two things I still had to fix:
>
> - first there seems to be an issue with SSSD on Debian (and Ubuntu).
> see: https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/sssd-users/2014-May/001685.html
> While trying to resolv the Kerberos server sssd tries to get a ticket from
> some Internet root servers... setting the ad_hostname/server/domain fixed these
> erratic issues with getting tickets.
Hi
It's a workaround though as it means that your DNS is wrong. sssd should
be able to find the DC using SRV. If you're in production, you need to
sort DNS as if it has a bad habit of letting you down when you really
need it.

> - second I removed the local user account having the same name as the AD user.
> Then I adjusted the UID of the domain user with the RSAT tools on the value
> I got from getent passwd. Finally I fixed the ADCs to reflect these changes
> and removed all the bogus entries.
Yeah. If yo need a local account and a domain account just use e.g.
peter and peter2. The one it picks depends on the order you have files
and sss in nsswitch.conf.
HTH,
Steve