[Samba] User Authentication from printer to PDC

Jason Gould jgould at cddiagnostics.com
Thu Sep 18 10:12:18 MDT 2014

Hello,

I have a Samba 4 PDC (version 4.1.9) and everything has worked up to this point. However the other day I attempted to turn on user authentication from a MFP (Konica Minolta C353) and have not been able to get it to work. I'm looking into it from the printer side but also wanted to look at it from the Samba PDC side.

I ran a tcpdump on the Samba server while trying to authenticate so that I could load it into wireshark and see what was going on. I'm not an expert in this however so if someone could look at the pcap file it is located at;

https://db.tt/oP0CX4cQ

>From what I could see it looks like the printer it contacting the PDC and even getting the Kerberos ticket, but there is an LDAP error at the end about the invalid credentials (errorMessage: SASL:[GSS-SPNEGO]: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE). I have checked and the username/password are correct.

If anyone has any insight it would be appreciated. Thanks.