[Samba] Active/Passive Samba Cluster for Shared NFS Backend

Andrew Martin amartin at xes-inc.com
Thu Sep 18 10:25:44 MDT 2014

----- Original Message -----

If I left the "private directory" on each local server, what would be the
consequence (just lost state information after a failover)? Would it be
safe to let smbd run on both servers at once (both with their own local
"private directory") with the understanding that all traffic would route
through the VIP?

What would happen if traffic tried to access the share from both servers
at once if smbd was running on both simultaneously?