[Samba] SSSD - inconsistent UIDs - was: Trouble getting uids from nslcd

Peter Serbe peter at serbe.ch
Thu Sep 18 04:23:24 MDT 2014

I followed the advice from Arun, with some mixed success.
For a couple of days I had no success, while constantly
seeing that 'getent passwd' did not list domain users, but

# getent passwd administrator
administrator:*:1855200500:1855200513:Administrator:/home/Administrator:/bin/sh

Finally I got 'getent passwd' working by adding

enumerate = true

to the sssd.conf file *). Apparently this is a bug in sssd,
which may or may not occur. Maybe it would be a good idea,
to add a hint to the wiki documentation, that this option
might be a try when troubleshooting sssd.

But now I see another strange thing: I did deleted my
domain account and added again - but even after a series
of rebooting setfacl uses the old uid. I did delete the
SSSD cache at /var/lib/sss/db/, but this did not have any
effect.

Are there any other places, where I should delete something?
Do I need to disable the idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 entry in
smb.conf? Or would it be best to reprovision samba and
start all over?

Thank You in advance!
Peter

*) got it from here: