[Samba] Samba 4 As PDC Not Populated In Windows Network

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Sep 17 08:28:27 MDT 2014

I havent look very good into your e-mail, we need the smb.conf ( anonymized ) for a good answer.
but for the following questions..

>problem is how Samba 4 server as PDC must properly be
>configured so that it populates itself in the Windows network
>as other Microsoft Windows computers correctly do.

If your talking about "See-ing computers in network neighberhood.
enable the WINS servers in the smb.conf on the Samba AD-Dc server(s)
add 	wins support = yes  to your smb.conf

make sure your pc's have the same "workgroupname" of join the domain to "see them".
See-ing can take some time, sometimes 5 min, sometimes 30-60 min.

a correct working dns setup is also needed.
more info : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc940063.aspx

Louis