[Samba] samba4 GPO passw

Ryan Ashley ryana at reachtechfp.com
Sat Sep 6 12:21:36 MDT 2014

Two things. First, the settings are there. They are under the computer section, security settings, and I cannot remember the last section. I believe it is Local Policies. They are there however.

Second, you do not set those options in Group Policy with Samba. Samba does not understand GPOs, so you set the options you want using samba-tool. I believe is is 'samba-tool domain password --help' which will get you started. You must set these here though.

policies to define all stuff like time, complexity, etc but dont here
where normaly are!..cant find from any gpo create password policies!...i
personalize a search into gpo but nothing appears...normaly in windows
ad this policies are in security settings....

any suggestion?