[Samba] Strange DNS issue...

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Tue Sep 16 00:39:55 MDT 2014

"if I
> take a freshly installed Windows 7 box and join it to Samba 4 domains,
> I get no reverse-DNS."

Did you ,at first create the reverse zone, ex.: samba-tool dns zonecreate
yoursambadc  your.reverse.zone.in-addr.arpa, samba-tool dns zonecreate
s4master 135.168.192.in-addr.arpa.
If you do this in the first run, and of course your dns is working, all your
clients that join the domain will be registered in the reverse zone also.

Greetings
Daniel

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV