[Samba] Winbind user/group name case change

Lars Hanke debian at lhanke.de
Sun Sep 14 16:01:38 MDT 2014

My Synology NAS runs Samba 3.6.9 and maps accounts using winbind. It is
joined to my samba4 AD. I set "winbind use default domain=yes" and have
no entry for "winbind normalize names". Strangely a group like "Domain
Users" appears as "domain users", i.e. in all lower case. A translation
which breaks idmapd for NFSv4.

My Debian Wheezy 3.6.6 behaves the same way. Is there some option to
keep the case?

Alternatively, does someone know whether it is possible to tell idmapd
to ignore case?

Thanks for your help,
  - lars.