[Samba] Strange DNS issue...

Ryan Ashley ryana at reachtechfp.com
Wed Sep 10 17:51:27 MDT 2014

I solved half of my problem. Disabling updates from isc-dhcp-server and
rebooting removed those zones which were named after hostnames of
workstations. I had enabled those in an attempt to get the reverse zones
working. My static zones are fine (172.16.0, 172.16.1, and 172.16.3) but
the one DHCP serves (172.16.2) does not create any PTR records when the
workstations (Windows) request and receive an IP address. Is there
anything special I need to do here? Both the reverse zones and the
forward zone have the same permissions according to the Windows DNS snap-in.