[Samba] Samba 4 - Windows 8.1

Wed Sep 10 17:25:17 MDT 2014

On 9/10/2014 3:57 PM, Gilbert T. Gutierrez, Jr. wrote:
> On 9/10/2014 3:39 PM, Gilbert T. Gutierrez, Jr. wrote:
>> I have a Samba 4 installation using the Samba Internal DNS and am
>> having issues with Windows Update when using the Samba server for
>> DNS. DNS works fine with the exception of the windows updates. When I
>> change the DNS to a public DNS server Windows Update works. The error
>> code is 8024402C.
>>
>> Centos 6
>> Samba: Version 4.2.0pre1-GIT-58865d9
>>
>> Gilbert Gutierrez
> I am also seeing this issue with Windows 7 Clients. This has been a
> test case for me. I am now also looking to see if it is the DNS
> servers I am using for caching servers on the backend of my system.
>
> Gilbert Gutierrez
This is an issue with the DNS caching server that I was using as the
forwarder. I changed the forwarder and update worked. I am still not
sure why this is happening because machines directly attached to that
forwarding server are working properly. So in conclusion, this issue
does not have anything to do with SAMBA.

Thank you,
Gilbert