[Samba] Samaba4 clustering

Greg Scott GregScott at infrasupport.com
Mon Sep 8 18:51:05 MDT 2014

True - good point!  And if it was a Samba specific cluster at the application layer vs. doing it at the virtualization layer, you could do a bunch of cool things around an active/active implementation advertising that virtual IP to the world.   But if I were doing it at the virtualization layer, I'd do it with RHEV and not VMware.  ESXi just doesn't give me any hardware diagnostics so when a host has a problem, it's a royal pain to troubleshoot.  But with a RHEV-H or RHEL host, at least I have some off-the-shelf tools available to me.   I'm probably off the topic of Samba specific clusters, but it seems like there are a few ways to get at least some HA benefits right now.

-          Greg