[Samba] diconnections when using roaming-profiles with samba4

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sat Sep 6 15:12:17 MDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-09-06 at 14:56 +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 06/09/14 14:36, steve wrote:
>
> Do you mean that when a client updates its lease, all the reverse zone
> is deleted and then recreated ???

Hi
- windows clients: no problem. Join the domain and ddns just works.
- Linux clients: Join the domain whereupon the fwd zone updates no
problem. Reverse zone: will not register a rr until the whole zone is
deleted and then recreated. Not a problem. Only join Linux clients
during downtime. We've narrowed it down to the rr created upon initial
domain join but don't have enough evidence for a bugzilla. We think that
a lot of the reverse zone problems reported here are due to the
observations we have made.
HTH
Steve