[Samba] diconnections when using roaming-profiles with samba4

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sat Sep 6 07:36:23 MDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-09-06 at 09:57 +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 05/09/14 23:19, bugblatterbeast wrote:
> >>
> >> AH, so no reverse zone updates and probably the forward zone keeps
> >> missing getting updated correctly, also don't add any Linux clients
> >> or your problems will really start ;-)
> >>
> >> Rowland

> > Oh, thanks alot! If it's not too much trouble, could you discripe
> > shortly, how you fixed the zone updates? Or are you using static ips?
> > Take your time, I'll be off now.
> >
> > Nice regards, bbb
> OK,
> Short answer, see here:
> http://blog.michael.kuron-germany.de/2011/02/isc-dhcpd-dynamic-dns-updates-against-secure-microsoft-dns/
>
> Rowland

Hi
I wonder if the dhcp topic is anything to do with where the dhcp box is
situated? The only problem we have had with ddns updates is when we add
a Linux client to the domain, and then only with the reverse zone[1].
Our dhcp server sits between the domain and our internet connection. It
also does wireless. All we have to configure is the start of the IP
range and the number of IPs in the (what Cisco term) 'pool'. That's it.
We never run out of IPs and the updates are transparent.
[1]
Our ddns updates are via sssd which in turn uses nsupdate -g. The only
way to get the reverse zone updated is to delete the zone and then
recreate it.
Just thinking out loud...
Steve