[Samba] autofs + cifs + kerberos

Sketch smblist at rednsx.org
Fri Sep 5 13:56:26 MDT 2014

On Fri, 5 Sep 2014, steve wrote:

> It depends how you mount the share. If you are still relying on user
> caches with user=, I doubt whether they will be owned by root. Have you
> tried the keytab method? That way they will be owned by root and the
> automounter will use them.

I assumed that using user=cifs, and having the keytab for user cifs in
/etc/krb5.keytab would make it use the keytab entry.  In fact, I just
tested it and it doesn't matter whether I put user=cifs in the autofs map,
I don't see a user= in /proc/mounts.

# cat /proc/mounts |grep cifs
//fileserver/public/ /share/public cifs rw,relatime,sec=krb5,cache=loose,unc=\\fscluster\public,multiuser,uid=0,noforceuid,gid=0,noforcegid,addr=10.10.20.80,unix,posixpaths,serverino,acl,noperm,rsize=1048576,wsize=65536,actimeo=1 0 0

and the autofs map:
   public | -fstype=cifs,sec=krb5,multiuser ://fileserver/public