[Samba] autofs + cifs + kerberos

Sketch smblist at rednsx.org
Fri Sep 5 13:03:08 MDT 2014

On Sat, 6 Sep 2014, Sketch wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Sep 2014, steve wrote:
>
>>  The problem is that $USER needs to be in the keytab so either add keys
>>  of anyone you think may need to share, or work around it.
>>  where cifsuser is the minmalist user. The cifs upcall takes care of the
>>  rest. Make sure you have a recent cifs-utils and that keyutils is
>>  populated correctly.
>
> Doesn't autofs+mount.cifs already use cifs.upcall to read the mounting user's
> credential cache in /tmp when using sec=krb5 without multiuser? If that's the
> case, it doesn't seem like switching to multiuser would change anything.

Looks like I was right.  Switching to multiuser had no effect.  After a
while, I get the same errors in the log and it's unable to mount.  When it
was working, I could see from smbstatus that it did connect to the samba
server with the cifs uuser I created.

Sep  5 13:32:29 test kernel: CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -128
Sep  5 13:32:29 test kernel: CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -128