[Samba] autofs + cifs + kerberos

Sketch smblist at rednsx.org
Fri Sep 5 11:11:10 MDT 2014

On Fri, 5 Sep 2014, steve wrote:

> The problem is that $USER needs to be in the keytab so either add keys
> of anyone you think may need to share, or work around it.
> where cifsuser is the minmalist user. The cifs upcall takes care of the
> rest. Make sure you have a recent cifs-utils and that keyutils is
> populated correctly.

Doesn't autofs+mount.cifs already use cifs.upcall to read the mounting
user's credential cache in /tmp when using sec=krb5 without multiuser?
If that's the case, it doesn't seem like switching to multiuser would
change anything.

That said, I had planned to switch to multiuser eventually, but hadn't
quite figured out how to get it working with autofs.  I think I understand
how to do it now (add cifsuser to /etc/krb5.keytab), so I'll try it and
see how that goes.