[Samba] samba4 + squid 2.7 auth

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Sep 5 00:37:44 MDT 2014

Hai,

beware of the config difference beween all squid version.
squid 2.7 is way old, and i really suggest you upgrade to at least squid 3.1. ( debian wheezy )
as for 3.3 there were lots of improvements for the newer protocols.
and there where kerberos fixes in 3.2 and up.
rebuilding from jessie to wheezy isnt that here, google for it.

this is my setup for squid 3.3.8. ( debian wheezy, but squid rebuild from debian jessie )

see the -f and -D parameter, this is for a kerberos based auth against AD domain.

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid3/basic_ldap_auth -R \
        -b "OU=Users,DC=internal,DC=domain,DC=tld" \
        -D ldap-bind at internal.domain.tld -W /etc/squid3/private/ldap-bind \
        -f (|(userPrincipalName=%s)(sAMAccountName=%s)) \
        -h dc1.internal.domain.tld

and this is the fallback for the above but ldap based.

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid3/basic_ldap_auth -v 3 \
         -b "DC=internal,DC=domain,DC=tld" \
         -D cn=ldap-bind,dc=internal,DC=domain,DC=tld  -W /etc/squid3/private/ldap-bind \
         -f uid=%s dc1.internal.domain.tld

Greetz,

Louis