[Samba] time sync for windows workstations

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Wed Sep 3 13:12:00 MDT 2014

Hallo, Ryan,

Du meintest am 03.09.14:

>> Do you have a port open for NTP on your DC's firewall so that
>> requests can reach the NTP server?

> Better yet, have you installed ntpd and configured it with "mssntp"
> per the guide? On Debian, I simply have to add the "mssntp" option to
> a configuration file and it works.

Which version of ntpd?

I've looked into the "./configure --help" options of ntp-4.2.6p5
(slackware, but the source should be distribution independent), and
there I haven't found such an option.

And my slackware binary of ntpd works well since very many months as an
"internet time server" for windows xp and windows 7.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut