[Samba] Group Policy Objects

Jason Waters jwaters at h2os.com
Wed Sep 3 09:49:47 MDT 2014

That is what I thought but the fact that I ping example.local and get the
same IP.  I'm using bind for DNS.  I did get a little further along though.
 I have one server on site and another at another office.  So I ran
samba-tool ntacl sysvolrest on that server and then I could write to it, so
I made a new folder and it showed up on that server.  So I think I have two
problems...

1. Need to be able to sync the group policy from any server, so I think I
just need to follow this?
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/SysVol_Replication
I was thinking this was old, but doesn't appear so because the remote
server doesn't have anything...

2. Why is this local machine not picking the local server and instead going
through the VPN to the remote server?

Thanks for your help.