[Samba] Group Policy Objects

Jason Waters jwaters at h2os.com
Wed Sep 3 09:37:11 MDT 2014

I was trying to update the group policy with gpupdate /force and was
getting an error message saying can't connect to
\\example.local\sysvol\example.local\Polices...etc

So when I tried to navigate there I could not see the Polices folder. I
ran samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset and tried again, rebooted...still nothing.

Then instead of using example.local, I just used the IP, 192.168.0.3 and
then I could see the polices folder!

When I use the broken way(\\example.local) I can't write to anything in
that folder, I was going to try that to see where it was taking me...

Any thoughts on how I can figure this out?  Thanks.

Jason