[Samba] time sync for windows workstations

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Sep 3 05:21:38 MDT 2014

Hai Mourik jan.

I havent seen that in my my network time is in sync on all servers and pc's.
If a pc starts with a time difference more then 5 min, than you must manualy set time correct

how it did setup.

all DC's  point to the same external time server.
DONT use ntp.pool.org or other pools on you dc's.
configure 1 good time server ( stratum 1 server ) in your country.
im using ntp1.nl.net

if you DC virtualized, then you must configure the timeserver to not obey the time of the host.
so ntp used always the ntp server online ..

best regards,

Louis