[Samba] samba_spnupdate invoked oom-killer

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Sep 2 12:47:40 MDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-09-03 at 02:32 +0800, Chan Min Wai wrote:
> Dear Steve,
>

> Oh I See what you meant.
> Sorry. I was trying to use DRBD + OCFS2 for the sysvol which access by
> DC1 and DC2.
> After I've done that, I only found the issue about Ctdb and multi
> files locking and etc which is a bad bad idea...
> ---> Really Bad idea...
>

> Where I'm the only one using the tools and knowing that I'll be the
> one who write it.
> But still I'll kept a backup of my GPO always ;) just in case it
> crashed...
>

> But since it is working fine...
> I was thinking of why not and see how long before i hit an issue :)
> (under a single admin environment and never access and edit gpo from
> both DC)
>

> I believes that the ocfs2 and drbd are not the caused, as what i
> remember after reboot usually the drbd and ocfs2 will require a
> resync...
>

> Below are some of my ocfs2 configuration.
>

> It was similar to
> http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/DRBD_with_OCFS2
>

> /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf
> cluster:
>         node_count = 2
>         name = amtbsysvol
>

> node:
>         number = 1
>         cluster = amtbsysvol
>         ip_port = 7777
>         ip_address = 192.168.11.23
>         name = amtbsrv01
>

> node:
>         number = 2
>         cluster = amtbsysvol
>         ip_port = 7777
>         ip_address = 192.168.11.27
>         name = amtbsrv02

Hi
No, I'm afraid not. We've tried it. As soon as the other node becomes
primary, it crashes spectacularly. I think they'll throw ctdb at you and
say that it doesn't work with the DC, but of course all you want to do
is sync a partition with sysvol on it. We too would like to know why
this does not work. ocfs2 supports everything ext4 supports afterall.
Given we tested this around 4.1.6, there may be reason to try again. Do
please let us know e.g. can you get both node primary and mounted at the
same time?

> /etc/samba/smb.conf
> # Global parameters

[   54.763131] block drbd1: role( S