[Samba] Samba 4 AD - Migration - Classic Upgrade

Garth Lancaster garthl at dcdata.co.za
Fri Oct 31 08:09:40 MDT 2014

Hi Marc

Yes.

Samba 3 smb.conf
[global]
  workgroup = ABC.ORG.ZA
  netbios name = ABCSERVER

Samba 4 smb.conf
[global]
        workgroup = ABC
        realm = ABC.ORG.ZA
        netbios name = ABCSERVER

samba-tool domain classicupgrade --dbdir=/root/samba3/private/ --use-xattrs=yes --realm=ABC.ORG.ZA --dns-backend=SAMBA_INTERNAL /root/samba3/smb.conf -d 3

I had many duplicate SID which took a very long time to sort out but all working now. PC's without duplicate SID didn't need to rejoin the domain either.

Regards
Garth