[Samba] FW: Samba Support

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 31 07:25:00 MDT 2014

On 31/10/14 12:50, steve wrote:
> On 31/10/14 13:42, Rowland Penny wrote:
>> On 31/10/14 12:23, David Nolan wrote:
>>> It is hard-coded in the program.
>>>
>>>          set blank w.sys-buff1
>>>          edit into
>>> w.sys-buff1                                           $$
>>>                  "smbclient //cavaliercarpe07/MP -N -c
>>> 'put"(@=0)        $$
>>>
>>> "/mega/data/sop/edidata/MSP/output/"(@=42)              $$
>>>
>>> w.filename2(@=76)                                       $$
>>>
>>> "import\"(@=91)                                         $$
>>>
>>> w.filename2(@=98)                                       $$
>>>                  "'"(@=112)
>>> *       watch w.sys-buff1
>>>          pipe w.pline from w.sys-buff1
>>>
>>> This is the code which generates:-
>>>   'smbclient //cavaliercarpe07/mp -N -c 'put
>>> /mega/data/sop/edidata/MSP/output/MP00999999.xml import/MP00999999.xml'
>>>
>>> This works fine until I disable the guest account on Windows.
>>>
>>> This is my smb.conf file :-
>>>
>>> # Samba config file created using SWAT
>>> # from tonym (128.1.1.235)
>>> # Date: 2008/04/23 14:03:09
>>>
>>> # Global parameters
>>> [global]
>>>     workgroup = CAVALIERCARPET
>>>     netbios name = SCOSYSV3
>>>     server string = Samba Server - SCOSYSV3
>>>     security = SHARE
>>>     encrypt passwords = Yes
>>>     map to guest = Bad User
>>>     null passwords = Yes
>>>     username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/users.map
>>>     log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
>>>     max log size = 50
>>>     local master = No
>>>     dns proxy = No
>>>     guest account = guest
>>>     hosts allow = 128.1.0.0/255.255.0.0 192.168.3.0/255.255.255.0
>>> 192.168.40.0/255.255.255.0 192.168.70.0/255.255.255.0 217.34.45.247
>>> 80.177.200.10 10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0
>>>     oplocks = No
>>>
>>> [homes]
>>>     comment = Home Directories
>>>     path = /mega/user/%S
>>>     read only = No
>>>     create mask = 0644
>>>     guest ok = Yes
>>>     browseable = No
>>>
>>> [printers]
>>>     comment = All Printers
>>>     path = /usr/spool/samba
>>>     printable = Yes
>>>     browseable = No
>>>
>>> [vat]
>>>     comment = Intrastat Data
>>>     path = /mega/data/sop/edidata/vat
>>>     create mask = 0644
>>>     guest ok = Yes
>>>     browseable = No
>>>
>>> [carpetlink]
>>>     comment = Waybill Data
>>>     path = /mega/data/sop/carpetlink
>>>     create mask = 0644
>>>     guest ok = Yes
>>>     browseable = No
>>>
>>> [blackberry]
>>>     comment = Blackberry Extracts
>>>     path = /mega/data/sop/blackberry
>>>     create mask = 0644
>>>     guest ok = Yes
>>>     browseable = No
>>>
>>> [xtranz]
> [...]
Hi Steve, this is what I was trying to get to, but the OP just wanted to
know how to get his very ancient setup to continue working, the only way
I could see was to add a username & password, only problem is this sends
a clear password over the net.

I have never heard of this 'MEGA' program and so do not know if a
version of it will run on Linux, if it will, then yes, join the machine
to the domain and then use kerberos.

Rowland