[Samba] Dead DC change?

Ryan Ashley ryana at reachtechfp.com
Fri Oct 31 07:12:45 MDT 2014

Alright, I did the dns_update and it had no errors and even stated "No
DNS updates needed". So I assume that is good. Below is the
configuration file from the second server.

# Global parameters
[global]
         workgroup = KIGM
         realm = KIGM.LOCAL
         netbios name = DC02
         server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, drepl,
winbind, ntp_signd, dnsupdate
         interfaces = 127.0.0.1, 192.168.0.2

[netlogon]
         path = /samba/var/locks/sysvol/kigm.local/scripts
         read only = No

[sysvol]
         path = /samba/var/locks/sysvol
         read only = No