[Samba] Samba Support

David Nolan dave at anchor-tech.co.uk
Fri Oct 31 02:50:47 MDT 2014

Good Morning,

I understand you provide support for the Samba project.

I am searching for some FREE help solving what I think is a very simple
problem for an experience Samba professional.

I am running Samba 2.2.12 on an old SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 box.

I cannot update to a more recent version of Samba as this is the last
version that will run on SCO OpenServer 5.0.6.

I have some programs which call SMBCLIENT to 'put' files onto a Windows
share.

The Windows Server is running 2008 R2.

The problem I have is that I need to disable the 'guest' account on the
Windows box and when I do disable it, the SMBCLIENT command fails.

How can I get SMBCLIENT to use another account  and what properties does it
need to have?

Your help would be gratefully received.

Kind Regards

Dave Nolan