[Samba] domain users "primary group" does not take effect in UNIX attributes (NIS)

Lars Hanke debian at lhanke.de
Thu Oct 30 17:40:12 MDT 2014

Hi Rowland,

 >> ADUC wrecked some of my users. Apparently it does not exactly comply
>> RFC2307. Try something like:
> Hi, just how did ADUC wreck your users ? what did it add/remove/change ???

Sorry, I was shocked when I couldn't log in any more after using ADUC. I
fixed LDAP, too much in awe to take proper notes.

When I finish my Linux tool for POSIX properties management, I'll retry
on some test user and analyze what it does exactly.

However, M$ seems to store parameters in proprietary attributes
msSFU30*, which definitely is not RFC2307.

Regards,
  - lars.