[Samba] roaming profile does ­not ­work for "Domain Adm­ins"

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Thu Oct 30 16:48:55 MDT 2014

Hello Mirco,

Am 30.10.2014 um 23:25 schrieb ?icro MEGAS:
> I create a new user "test1" and assign the correct profile
> directory to that user (\\membersrv\profiles\test1).
> I add this user also to the "MYDOM\Domain Admins" group.
> On the windows client I login for the first time with
> "test1" user and I watch the content of the linux
> filesystem on my member server. As soon as "test1" is
> logged in on the client, a directory
> membersrv:/srv/samba/profiles/test1 is created with
> the appropriate mode and owner+group.
> Until here everything is fine, but as soon as user
> "test1" logs off, *NO DATA IS WRITTEN* into its
> roaming profile directory.

Sorry. I _can't_ confirm this. I tried this exactly on my 4.1.13 test
environment.

After the first login the profile directory is created and if the
account loggs off, the profile is uploaded in there. And I made sure,
that this account has Domain Admin permissions. I also used this account
to add an additional account.

My test environment is setup exactly like described in
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_%26_Windows_Profiles
(with Windows ACLs). No additional stuff is done like other ACLs, etc.
It's 100% like documented there and works.

What are the differences between the HowTo and your setup? And what
Samba version are you running?

Regards,
Marc