[Samba] Samba4 provision, change private dir?

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Thu Oct 30 16:25:37 MDT 2014

Hello Greg,

Am 29.10.2014 um 06:13 schrieb Greg Zartman:
> When you first provision an AD DC, is there a way to control where
> samba-tool puts all of the AD data files?

Self compiled or packages?

* Self compiled:
  # ./configure --help

  --with-lockdir=
  --with-statedir=
  etc.

* Packages:
  1) # samba-tool domain provision --help
     --targetdir=DIR: This is the only parameter that looks
     interesting. But I don't know what goes into this directory.
     There's currently no parameter description. If you try what
     it does, let me know and I'll add a better description. :-)

  2) Put the databases on a place you like and put a SymLink
     on it's original location (haven't tried if that works!)

Regards,
Marc