[Samba] Missing dns.keytab and named.conf

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Thu Oct 30 15:52:29 MDT 2014

Hello Dania,

you should reply to the list. ;-)

Am 30.10.2014 um 21:59 schrieb Dania Ramirez Moya:
> Hello Marc thank you for you quick response
>
> The problem is that my named.conf does not contain this part

> Look at this
> root at main:~# cat /usr/local/samba/share/setup/named.conf
> # This file should be included in your main BIND configuration file
> #
> # For example with
> # include "${NAMED_CONF}";

>  Can you tell me if that is the correct file or if I should add
> something?

The file /usr/local/samba/share/setup/named.conf, with the content
you're having, is correct. It's there in every installation or at least
if provisioned with BIND - I don't know.

But there should also be an /usr/local/samba/private/named.conf. This
should be generated during provisioning or switching the backend at
least (can't try this at the moment). But if you don't have it, create
it with the content from my previous post.

Regards,
Marc