[Samba] Missing dns.keytab and named.conf

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Thu Oct 30 14:18:09 MDT 2014

Hello Dania,

Am 30.10.2014 um 21:10 schrieb Dania Ramirez Moya:
> ... I noticed that there was no file /usr/local/samba/private/named.conf
> I found a file named  on
> /usr/local/samba/share/setup/named.conf but I'm not sure that's the
> correct file.

This is the default content (un/comment the line for your BIND version):

<snip>
# This DNS configuration is for BIND 9.8.0 or later with dlz_dlopen support.
#
# This file should be included in your main BIND configuration file
#
# For example with
# include "/usr/local/samba/private/named.conf";

#
# This configures dynamically loadable zones (DLZ) from AD schema
# Uncomment only single database line, depending on your BIND version
#
dlz "AD DNS Zone" {
    # For BIND 9.8.0
    database "dlopen /usr/local/samba/lib/bind9/dlz_bind9.so";

    # For BIND 9.9.0
    # database "dlopen /usr/local/samba/lib/bind9/dlz_bind9_9.so";
};
</snip>

> ... nor dns.keytab.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Dns_tkey_negotiategss:_TKEY_is_unacceptable#Check_dns.keytab_content
(This documentation may contain other things you should check, too)

Regards,
Marc