[Samba] Samba client 3.6.5 fails sending to MAC 0S 10.9.x Maverick server

Tompkins, Michael Michael.Tompkins at xerox.com
Thu Oct 30 05:37:17 MDT 2014

We did not back port SMB2 support for the client to 3.6.5. There was too much refactoring done from 3.x to 4.x, so we chose to start supporting SMB2 with the 4.0.7 release. And the SMB2 functionality was not supported by samba until 4.1.x, so we backported the SMB2 from 4.1 to 4.0.7, per Jeremy's SMB2 patch. And the only reason we chose that, instead trying to keep up with the latest 4.1.x, is we could never get the cross compiling to work with WAF. So, we would like a solution for our customers with the legacy 3.6.5 smbclient. This must have been an issue before with other 3.x clients, to the MAC OS 10.9.x, so we're hoping someone can provide us with a solution.

Regards,
- Mike