[Samba] Samba client 3.6.5 fails sending to MAC 0S 10.9.x Maverick server

Tompkins, Michael Michael.Tompkins at xerox.com
Wed Oct 29 12:23:26 MDT 2014

I have been searching for weeks for information to our problem, trying to connect our smbclient 3.6.5 to a MAC running 10.9.5 server, and I finally came across the reason. It appears with Maverick, Apple will only accept SMB2 signed signatures. The problem with the 3.6.5 client is, it never supported SMB2, thus will not write the SMB2 signatures. I can add "client signing = disabled" to the smb.conf file, but I don't want to restrict for all servers, a device may talk to. Is there any workaround for 3.6.5, so I can be flexible depending on the server ? Any help would be appreciated, even from Apple if anyone has a contact. I've tried several, but have not received a response.

Regards,
Mike