[Samba] No domaingroups with getent group

Davor Vusir davortvusir at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 10:56:37 MDT 2014

-- Skickat från mobilusken! --
Den 29 okt 2014 12:53 skrev "?icro MEGAS" <micromegas at mail333.com>:

> Hello Stefan,
>
> > But "getent group" is not showing any domaingroup. In smb.conf I have
> > "winbind enum group = yes" and "winbind enum users = Yes" set.
>
> I have exactly the same behaviour on my two member servers, so you're
> not alone. I also already asked here on the list, but unfortunately
> noone could give me a reasonable answer to that. To summarize it:
>
> The /etc/nsswitch.conf looks like that:
>
> passwd:         compat winbind
> group:          compat winbind
>
> My domain users all have a uid assigned in the [UNIX Attribute] tab of
ADUC. The domain group "Domain Users" and "Domain Admins" also have
assigned a gid in the [UNIX Attribute] tab.

> "wbinfo -u"
> "wbinfo -g"
> "id johndoe"
> "getent passwd"
>
> all are showing correct results as expected. But when I execute "getent
group" I see only the local users in the output. On the other side, when I
do "getent group 10000" or "getent group 'Domain Users'" I get the correct
result displayed:

> domain users:x:10000:
>
> So as conclusion, "getent group" is not outputting the whole groups, but
if you tell "getent group ..." to query a certain gid or group name it
works. I have no clue what's going on here.

Maybe you have got stale/corrupted tdb-files.

Regards
Davor