[Samba] Samba server does not show up in Windows Network Places

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 29 10:47:23 MDT 2014

On 29/10/14 16:41, barış tombul wrote:
> Do you want to share your smb.conf ?
>
> best regards.

Not a problem, I am running samba 4.1.11 from Debian wheezy backports,
with Bind9 and this is my smb.conf:

[global]
         workgroup = EXAMPLE
         realm = example.com
         netbios name = DC01
         server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc,
drepl, winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
         template shell = /bin/bash
         wins support = yes

[netlogon]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/example.com/scripts
         read only = No

[sysvol]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
         read only = No