[Samba] security settings on [home] share for use in member server

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Oct 29 01:45:10 MDT 2014

Hai

I checked my settings and this is what i have
but this i also about how you want to use the "home" share.

In my case, /home/users  has linux 2770 ( root:root)
drwxrwx--T+  7 root   root   4096 Oct 14 11:48 users

[home]
   path = /home/users
   read only = no
   vfs objects = acl_xattr recycle
   recycle:keeptree = yes
   recycle:versions = yes
   recycle:maxsize = 1073741824

in the share rights, i have
Verified users ( full access)
SYSTEM	   ( full access)
Domain Admins  ( full access)

on the security tab.
Creator Owner		( special )	Only subfolders and files
Verified users 		( special ) Only this folder
SYSTEM	   		( full access) This folder, subfolders and files
DOMAIN\Domain Admins  	( full access) This folder, subfolders and files
DOMAIN\Administrator	( full access) This folder, subfolders and files

now when you create your users and set the home folder in the ADUC tool.
with \\servername\home\%username%  the user folder wil be created with the correct rights.
like as the security tab but with extra
the created users with full access.

and this works ok.
i have domain admins on the users only because i use a share as
\\home\users$  so if needed the domain admins have access in the user folders.

so above is correct, i have seen your error, look for it and try to fix it.
If you cant find it, email again ;-)

Greetz,

Louis